Their Right- Documentary Final Project

 Their Right 



Description:

The documentary is called "Their Right'' and is based on the idea of brands and the effects of bargaining on street clothing shops. The documentary places an emphasis on the consumption of clothing items from both, the street shops and the brands.

Production Pack:

Behind the Scenes: 
The documentary was shot in multiple areas of Islamabad with the Nikon D3200 DSLR camera. The shots include areas such as F-7 Jinnah Super Market where the internal shots of branded stores were captured and an interview of a street shopkeeper was also taken outdoors in the same area, F-10 Markaz where I captured the street shop and its people and the external shot of The Centaurus Mall in Blue Area which is the central business district of Islamabad. 









The first interview that I took was of Mrs Hira and the third one was of Mr Wajid, the audio of these interviews was taken from a microphone that I had bought and made sure it worked with the camera I had. During the shooting process, I was the only one shooting at the locations with the help of the tripod and it took me three days to shoot, I was at the shooting locations for approximately 6 to 8 hours every day. I also had my personal driver take the behind-the-scenes pictures. 

Risk Assessment:

When I first planned to shoot the documentary, my first hurdle was to find certain locations that would allow me to shoot at their stores. Whenever I entered a branded store and asked them for permission to shoot, they declined my permission and the mall also did not let me shoot at their stores. However, continuing the search for locations I came around two branded stores that kindly gave me permission to film at their stores and were kind enough to let me take an interview inside the store. 

Another issue that came up was the shooting of the street shop as the weather became cold and windy, I had to spend more time at that location. I once had to stop shooting as the drizzle started to fall while I was shooting so that my camera would not get damaged. But as soon as it stopped I continued shooting even when the heavy wind had begun. 

While I was in the second branded store, one of the employees thought I was shooting without permission and tried to tell me to leave the store. However, another employee and the manager who I had already talked to before talked to him and made him understand the situation. Besides these issues, there were no other risk factors that took place. 

Comments

Popular Posts