Experimental Film Final Assignment Research--- Experimental Media

Experimental Film 

Theme: Optimism 

Idea 

For the research of the theme and idea generation, I saw two German Films based on the concept of expressionism. These films were Hinterland and Deadly Maria. The idea that I have come up with is different yet the way I want to convey the message is inspired by the Films I saw. 


Deadly Maria                       Hinterland  


I decided to implement the idea behind the dream sequence of Deadly Maria but I will not make the film a dream sequence. I decided to implement the idea of the dream sequence because I liked how nerve wreaking yet surprising it was. 


I decided to implement the atmosphere and environment of Hinterland in my film as it would make my film gloomy and dark and since I want to show the darkness and pessimism I think this film would be a great choice. 


Although the theme of the assignment is Optimism, I want to show the gloomy side behind it first. The film will start with our main character walking on the street while her surrounding are blurred out slightly. The atmosphere will be a bit dark as the main character walks around and when he looks around they see blurred-out figures looking back at them while the background sound symbolizes terror. 

 

Then our main character runs away from the figures only to fall into darkness. The darkness resembles pessimism. Then we will see a candle come into the frame, and the screen will put emphasis on the candle. Then the character will walk towards a bright light. 

 

Then the screen turns dark and a message shows. "Not Everyone is after You. Be Optimistic."

Comments

Popular Posts