After Effects Report and Show Reel --Editing for Film

EDITING FOR FILM 

After effects REPORT

Introduction to VFX and Motion Graphics. 

In film production and video production, visual effects are the technique for producing or trying to manipulate visuals outside of the context of a close-up shot. VFX is the method of combining actual footage with other live video or Computer - generated imagery aspects of producing realistic pictures. 

 

Motion graphics are parts of visual effects or digital video footage that give the appearance of movement or rotation and are commonly used in interactive multimedia in combination with audio. Motion graphics are commonly presented using digital media technology, but they can also be displayed using manual technology.

 

Basic Graphics

 

For this task, I had to learn how to use the basic techniques of adobe after effects. I first attended the class where the lecturer taught the basic steps and gave us a short assignment to do at home. I decided to use some stock footage to show the story of a coffee lover. I used keyframing to scale and position the stock footage to be on and off the screen at the right time.



Blue Screen Removal

For this task, I had to get stock footage that has a blue screen and remove the blue screen from it. Since I was not able to take the lecture the day it was being taught. So to get help for the assignment, I decided to find tutorial videos on YouTube. After finding some tutorials I decided to implement them and made an assignment that shows some beach trees moving while the background is pink. 


Motion Graphics

For this task, I was taught motion graphics by the lecturer. This task was also given to me as a small assignment. To come up with what to make I decided to try to do a moving car video. I first took stock footage of the background and then the car as the vector and made a video of the car moving on the desert road and although it was a bit difficult for me to do it I still end up making the video with a bit of help from YouTube.


Camera Tracking

For this Task I had to do camera tracking, the lecturer taught us the ways it should be done but this was the hardest for me to do as I kept getting stuck at it as the video I was working on kept on glitching or ruining all my work. However, with the help of some of my friends, I was able to get control of it and learn it. I finally made my assignment video and showed it to the lecturer


Split Screen 

For this Task, I had to make a split screen on my own but to understand the concept of split screens on after effects the lecturer held a class and told us the method of how to do it. Then I decided to make a split screen showing one of my favourite comic book characters, Spiderman. I decided to do 3 split screens and decided to show Green Goblin as well. It took me a while to do the task since I had to keyframe multiple objects on the screen. 


Motion Image Artwork

For this Task, I had to make a video with a concept of the digital vs human world. This task was combined with the Portrait class. I decided to do a split-screen video to showcase both versions.  

The task took me a while to do since I had to adjust the video on the mobile screen with the help of removing the green screen. After a couple of failing trials, I was able to adjust the video screen to the blank phone screen. 


Show Reel: Show Reel After Effects


Comments

Popular Posts